Thursday, February 5, 2009

That's Where the Pony Poops.

Right there.
(Image Stolen From Tim's Lady-Friend's MySpace.)


They just won't be able to do it in Marshall Field's Macy's anymore. Since seeing-eye miniature horses aren't dogs, they will no longer be officially recognized service animals.

My thoughts, they are mixed. From the part of me that's against this, I look at how some people have allergies, or dog phobias and how they would need a different animals. Also, about how these already disabled people don't want to have to keep replacing a dog every 10 to 12 years and that a pony would be a perfect fit for them. I see how this decision, no matter what logic it's based on, could have a negative effect on some of the most needy people.

Don't get me wrong, I see the flip-side too. It's a decision used mostly towards Capuchin Monkey and the belief that they could become incredibly aggressive without warning, and if you ever saw that news special about people treating them like human babies, then you know that can be true. Even still, I'm not completely sold on the passive nature of miniature horses either, anybody else remember MTV's Rob & Big?

Damn it, if they aren't cute, though. And, if it all comes down to pooping, just do as Captain Murphy suggested on Sealab 2021:

"Put some ass-bags on it!"

No comments: