Friday, February 13, 2009

Love in a Digital Age.

I don't know, maybe I'm getting old. The mall is becoming a more and more foreign place with each visit. Every time I return it seems I find something new pertaining to how I just don't fit in anymore. Like Hot Topic, I know it's not for me, and even when I had a Mohawk or blue hair, it probably wasn't for me, I know it's wall to wall douches, pricks, and people who look suicidal, but aren't, though they probably should be. I get all that, the problem I had with it today was, as I was walking by, I thought their music was too loud.

I know! However, and this is my saving grace here, the music did suck and, therefore, any volume would have most likely been too much. But, thanks to all of that, I've come to this conclusion:

Punk isn't dead, it has just learned how to cry about its problems.

The point of today, with it being Valentine's Day and all, is actually a young couple I saw on my trip. High Schoolers, probably not together for too long, and how those relationships are different now when compared to my time in High School, which wasn't too long ago. Now, I could go into a long essay and point out, with examples, the many differences, but I'm not going to do that. No, I'm just going to sum it up with a (terrible) drawing I did of these two because I did not have a camera handy.

This is, to the best of my knowledge, exactly what I saw.

Cellphones: Communication Nirvana

Yeah. They were six inches apart, talking on two different cellphones, to two different people, at the same time, each looking like the other one only exists to piss them off.

Would it still be irony if they weren't cheating on each other?

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody.

No comments: