Monday, September 21, 2009

"There's been no lesson learned that I'll soon remember."

!URGENT BREAKING NEWS!

MySpace has released the track listing for the soundtrack of the sure to be blockbuster film, New Moon. Prep your razors boys and girls, you're not going to want to nick yourselves when shaving for the big event.

Via MySpace:

1. Death Cab For CutieMeet Me On The Equinox

2. Band Of SkullsFriends

3. Thom Yorke- Hearing Damage

4. Lykke LiPossibility

5. The Killers - A White Demon Love Song

6. Anya MarinaSatellite Heart

7. Muse - I Belong To You (New Moon Remix)

8. Bon Iver and St. VincentRosyln

9. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Done All Wrong

10. Hurricane BellsMonsters

11. Sea WolfThe Violet Hour

12. Ok Go- Shooting The Moon

13. Grizzly Bear - Slow Life

14. EditorsNo Sound But The Wind

15. Alexandre DesplatNew Moon (The Meadow)

Click to Read the Full Article


I'm going to be truthful here; I'm confused. You get the obligatory bands that the author loves (Muse) and popular bands (The Killers), but the rest just seems like, to me at least, a random collection of semi-known indie bands, bands with names that fit the mood of the story, or bands with songs with names that fit the mood of the story. Of course, I'll also admit that this isn't for me.

I'm not the audience for this movie, so I don't really get a say. That is until some chick finally makes me see it and I laugh and laugh and laugh, and then I'll complain about the music, but only then.

Anya Marina sounds cool. I like her voice and the cover of T.I.'s Whatever You Like that's on her MySpace page is freaking awesome.

This spells disaster. Yet... it smells of something not-unpleasant.

----------------
Now playing: Cheap Girls - Stay High (Magic)
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

KnowNothingTim said...

You should really do a podcast...
Loves,
A love lost long ago...