Thursday, July 2, 2009

"What it is, is a sickness, what it is, is regret. And, I may be dying, but I'm not dead yet."

Aside from the title, we're taking a break from music and taking a trip to the movies. When? I don't have any idea because the movie doesn't have a release date yet, but it does have a trailer. Oh. And it has a title, The Slammin' Salmon and it was made by the same people who brought you Super Troopers and Beerfest, a.k.a. Broken Lizard. They also made Club Dread, but I, apparently, was one of, maybe, four people who actually enjoyed that film.


The plot revolves around a one night contest between the staff (played by the Broken Lizard crew, Cobie Smulders and April Bowlby) and laid down by the Yakuza-indebted, former heavy weight boxing champion and current owner/boss, "Slammin" Cleon Salmon (Michael Clark Duncan). The winner receives $10,000 and the loser, for the sake of argument, dies by excessive ass beating (getting in the ring with Cleon).

What follows is sure to be utter insanity as the staff must deal, not only, with themselves and their own problems, but also with the uncommonly insane restaurant problems (most notably the Lone Diner). Everything is sure to come unglued and then go downhill as the hours pass by and each member of the staff does whatever it takes to avoid having to get into the ring with their boss, The Slammin' Salmon.

Coming up next is the trailer, it is a red band trailer, so, you know, viewer discretion is being advised.



I'd say that I'm taking some time to take stock of what it is that I am, and should be, doing, but it's all semantics. Really. I could just as easily say that I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on and it would all be the honest truth.

No comments: